Wyverstone, Suffolk

Wyverstone, Suffolk

Sheridans

Wyverstone is a village and civil parish in the Mid Suffolk district of Suffolk. Located around five miles north of Stowmarket, in 2005 its population was 370. The parish also includes the hamlets of Wyverstone Street, 1 km to the west and Earl's Green, 1.5 km south-west.

The village used to have the Plough pub, a mid 16th building on Mill Road, but it closed in the 1960s and is now a Grade II private dwelling. The local shop and post office closed soon after the pub.

St George's church is to the east of the village.

The Old School House, built in 1869 but closed in 1963, was purchased by the Parish Council to act as the village hall. It was sold in 1988 and is now a private house, close to the church.

Mercedes

Mercedes

The new village hall is in the centre of the village built in the late 1980s.

There is a fine example of a Grade II listed Tudor public building in Wyverstone Street which has been restored as part of the conversion of barns adjacent to Lodge Farm into a residential home named Guildhall Place.

Mercedes

Mercedes

Mercedes