Flempton, Suffolk

Flempton, Suffolk

Flempton is a village and civil parish in the St Edmundsbury district of Suffolk.

It is on the A1101 road from Bury St Edmunds.

Flempton takes its name from the Flemings who came from Flanders and settled the area in Anglo-Saxontimes.

St Catherine's church is a grade II* listed building whose tower was rebuilt in 1839 after it collapsed.

The East of England Regional Assembly was based in Flempton House. The village pub is The Greyhound on The Green. It is close to the River Lark.

Flempton Forge and nearby Forge Cottage are grade II listed buildings on The Green.[2][3] The forge has recently been converted to a holiday let.

Mercedes

Mercedes

There is a nine-hole golf course in the village and Larkbridge Mortgages set up its offices in 2016 and Flempton House.

Flempton, Suffolk

Mercedes

Mercedes

Mercedes